PHP, MySQL and XML Programming is utilized for a majority of InteractiveWest's web development projects has proven the best combination for e-commerce and business applications.
PHP is the most popular web scripting language and a widely used programming language used for website development. PHP is an official module of Apache HTTP Server, the market-leading free Web server that runs over two-thirds (67%) of the world's websites. PHP provides support for different databases like Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc and it can be easily embedded within HTML coding. It rapidly grew to become a much more robust programming language, but was originally designed for use in Web Site Development. PHP supports a host of other features including authentication, XML, dynamic image creation, WDDX, shared memory support and dynamic PDF document creation to name a few.
Benefits of PHP Application Development:
- PHP is an open-source language so it is FREE.
- PHP can be easily installed and you don’t need to pay thousands of dollars to purchase it.
- PHP is used by millions of people and large group of developers around the globe.
- PHP integrates well with HTML which is its primary use. Actual PHP code can be embedded into HTML code very easily.
- PHP enables your web server to process web pages before they are actually displayed in the user’s web browser.
- PHP is simple and easy to learn than other high level programming languages such as C, C++, ASP or ASP.net.
- PHP programming typically costs much less than other types of programming including Coldfusion, ASP or ASP.net.
- PHP is versatile where it is supported on most web servers and runs on all major operating systems including Linux, Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- PHP results in quicker navigation and efficient page loading as its processing speed is very fast.
- Most web applications including Content Management Systems (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Expression Engine) and Ecommerce Applications (Magento, OS Commerce, Zen Cart etc. utilze PHP.
MySQL is an open source, SQL Relational Database Management System that is also available for FREE. MySQL found a broad, enthusiastic user base for its liberal licensing terms, performance and ease of use. Its acceptance was aided in part by the wide variety of other technologies such as PHP, Java, Perl, Python, and the like that have encouraged its use through stable, well-documented modules and extensions. In addition to being free and which work with Unix or Linux, the PHP and MySQL combination is also cross-platform, which means you can develop an application using PHP and MySQL for a Windows platform. Since both PHP and MySQL are collaborative efforts in nature, there's always plenty of support from a documentation standpoint including PHP and MySQL manuals and mailing lists from PHP and MySQL websites.
XML is a tool used for data exchange. Data exchange has long been an issue in information technology, but the Internet has elevated its importance. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the traditional data exchange standard for large organizations, is giving way to XML, which is likely to become the data exchange standard for all organizations, irrespective of size.
Many computer systems contain data in incompatible formats. A time-consuming challenge is when you attempt to exchange data between such systems. XML is a generic data storage format that comes bundled with a number of tools and technologies that make it easier to exchange specific XML applications between incompatible data systems. Since XML is open source, it is expected that as time progresses, more and more organizations and people will jump onto the XML bandwagon, both developers and data users. This should make XML the ultimate viable technology for certain types of data exchange.
XML is used not only for exchanging information, but also for publishing Web pages. XML's very strict syntax allows for smaller and faster Web browsers and as such is well suited for use with Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and cellphones.